Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Floating Share

Friday 21 February 2014

Honey, The Secret To A Healthy Life?

I’ll speak honestly and say that for most of my life I didn’t eat honey. I didn’t put it on toast, I didn’t add it to my tea. I just didn’t use it, and there wasn’t any in my cupboard. But I was a little curious when I started seeing things going around Facebook a few weeks ago about the benefits of honey and how it can help with illness. That prompted me to do some research for myself and see if I should add honey to my diet.
I read a lot about how it can prevent cancer and heart disease and help with gastrointestinal issues, but I wanted to find out about honey’s more tangible benefits. Improvements that I would actually notice. One well-known benefit is that it’s helps with throat irritation. We’ve all heard how singers drink tea and honey to help preserve their voices. Well, it can help with those of us who simply have a sore throat and a hacking cough. Try buckwheat honey if you have these symptoms, it should soothe them enough so you can have a good night’s rest.
If you have acne, rashes, scrapes, cuts, burns, mosquito bites, or any other type of skin ailment, give some honey a try! Honey is packed with anti-inflammatory agents and naturally occurring hydrogen peroxide, making it an ideal natural remedy for virtually all skin issues. Many mix it with olive or castor oil to help it go one smoothly. Try the same combination in your hair for silkier and shinier hair!
One benefit of honey that appeals to me the most is that it’s the perfect carb to have before exercising. The highly effective carbohydrates found in honey are easily digested and released into the body steadily. In a nutshell, this is because the glucose in honey gives us an instant boost of energy, while the fructose helps us maintain the energy. Try a spoonful before you workout and add some to the water you drink while exercising. Cheaper and infinitely healthier for you than any sugary sports drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment